R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Questions on modding motors.....???
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GenReaper
Integra is right, there is more power to be made in advanced port timings which your average joe blow wouldnt understand, you need computers and lots of experience to achieve this properly.

Some slight porting with the sleeve with the fang job does help but if you take too much material out the air speed will drop and you will lose bottom end power if your not carefull, and polishing the inside of the crank is NOT a good idea IMO but each to there own. I just know from my vast experience it does more harm than good, its proper shaping thats important not a smooth surface for the reasons i have already stated.

eXactly...SMooth is BAD when it comes to these mills....AND u dont need a Computer to do Crank #'s....Just a Set-up station to be able to read the #'s before cutting them....Or Know by memory where and what to cut...Like my buddy max who dosent even need to put the mills on a Jig anymore to get the #'s....as he know's em by heart now and can GUARENTEE make the Snarlyist of motor's Any one has seen....but that dosent exactly help u on the track tho....Blowing off the tires in the botttom = No good.....but smooth linear power is what were after for the Ultimate Track motor....and max has been Purfecting his skills over the last 2 years or so....and i kno what he's capable of.