R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid
is there a reason why u dont want to run with the bushing?
im sure its there for a reason.. ive not had any problems with the suspension. its standard and pretty good, however with every 8 runs or more, u will notice that the shock oil changing colour due to dirt.. depending how picky you are, for me i change it when it gets slightly dirty.

anyway, raced it recently, awesome performance.. my front allu shaft broke, so ive changed it to 46mm steel shaft with no prob. my C hub broke too. sigh, looks like i will be out of action for a few weeks. anyone knows if the c hubs and those screws that are connected to it, are they the same as TAO5ms c hubs? or are they only 416 type?

I never run the bushing when on carpet... Mainly came from a tip supplied to me when David Spashett was running the car. He recomended removing them from the shocks, as the reduce the pack in the shock, effectively smoothing out the action. It's a quick change to make, so give it a try for yourself

As for the C-Hubs. No, the 05MS ones are the same as the 415. The TA05 IFS does use the same types, but in a plastic, rather than graphite material.
If you want to get close, try 415 C-hubs, but with HPI front knuckles. It puts the axle at the same height as the 416, but the steering link ball joint is moved in and forward slightly.
I was running that combo today, as my spares hadn't arrived in time.... worked fine