Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #27928
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Ride height forumula

Hey guys...something I threw together for myself that I thought you guys might find usefull is a ride height formula to get me close to my desired ride height with the IRS front arms and the IRS rear ride height adapters. The front end formula should work for anyone using the IRS front arms and the rear you will need to measure for yourself as the position of the ride height adapters are at different heights for different companies. Using this I can get really close to my desired ride height on the first try, with a lot less fuss.

First I measured from the bottom of my chassis to the center of the front axle and came out right at 12mm. Next I measured from the bottom of the rear pod to the center of the 0 ride height adapter and came up with 20.4mm. I put them into an excel spreadsheet using these simple formulas:

Front:
(Tire Diameter/2)-(ride height adapter+12) = ride height

Rear:
(Tire Diameter/2)-(20.4-ride height adapter) = ride height

Now in mine I use the BMI front suspension spacers for the ride height adapter so the size of the ride height adapters is easily a known size. In the rear the IRS ride height adapters are labled in .5mm increments down from 0. Please note you will need to put in all your values in milimeters.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by InspGadgt; 01-11-2008 at 09:03 PM.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote