R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Corally Owners Club v1.*
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 02:51 PM
King-G
Tech Fanatic

Hey Mike!, thanks for the encouragement...yeah we have found the takeoff 27r with the supplied insert to be the best tire on our track in cool to mild conditions..once the temperature rises these tires become less consistant, but that is to be expected as they are for cooler temps, we then switch to sorex 32-36 as it heats up, with either hpi green/blue inserts..

I have continously posted my fastest runs on takeoff, so they are working the best at the moment, I bought a ton of sorex for the State titles, so I will be using them throughout summer.

On another note...I had recently brought some aircraft grade Carbon fibre, this stuff was made for me by an aircraft engineer and has much better strength/weight ratio than what we would usually expect in an r/c car chassis.

Last night I finally got to work making a new rear shock tower...I kept the standard geometry, I included only the 3 standup shock positions from the c4.1 tower. I then added 1 more stand up option, and one more laydown, to give a total of 5 mounting points. I noticed there was zero flex in the tower, and now I will be working on a way to reduce flex in the rear arms.

I will report back to let you know how it goes after some testing.

Last edited by King-G; 11-29-2001 at 02:53 PM.