R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Coming back
Thread: Coming back
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

From a durability perspective, I know for a fact that the CEN Matrix line can take a real beating. We have a guy who Jason Halvorson and myself race with who owns my previous Matrix (sold it in a fit of anger at nitro in general due to the engine, wish I didn't ) Buggy as well as the truggy and has nothing but praises for its durability. He really beats his stuff, and it has held up much better than I coudl have expected.

From a performance standpoint, its pretty balanced if you use the oil setup recommended for the LSD diffs. Jumped well, turned well, was it the best at those things, no, but it did a great job.

And for how much they go for online brand new, its a steal.

Now if you are in need of the latest and greatest that Joe Pro racer is driving, you will probably want something else to dump money (alot more money) into, but if you want something that is race proven (it has its share of wins at various levels and great finishes) and very reasonably priced you can't go wrong there.

As for the OCM, I really want to give the vehicle another look. All the bad press moved me away from it, but, if the issues are fixed, and with Jason running them, if I can get a conversion, who knows, maybe I will pick one up.