R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
2-Bad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by otter pop
i just got a moore speed and when i turn full cranck it seems to bind and makes a harsh sound is this normal and if so will the uv's help this
Yes it is normal if you extend the endpoint to the maximum travel (about 28 degrees on a setup station). The chatter is coming from the CVD's because they are new and they are being extended past there maximum angle range. However, it is not necessary to have all this travel when setting up your steering throw and you will not be missing out on having enough steering if you reduce the amount of steering throw the car has. Another benefit of having reduced steering throw is you should notice reduced front tire wear as well. This is because when you go to turn the car it’s not scrubbing in the turn, but it’s actually steering in the direction of the turn.

My suggestion is you put the car on a setup station and adjust the steering throw endpoints on the transmitter (for the outside wheel) to around 18 to 20 degrees, and this should eliminate or greatly reduce the chatter. I also in most circumstances run my dual rate around 80% as well and it is rare that I need to dial in more steering.

Hope this helps...