R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Hellsavage
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Walt
You didn't mention the pipe and header. I run the C6 and bought it as a package with their 01351-192P manifold and 01351-2045p pipe and LOVE it. I also run the engine with the 6.5mm venturi in it. Still makes as much power as an off-road track can handle, and I get great fuel mileage (12 minute runs on the current track layout, that is admittedly a 'low power' layout).

Since you run the 8T you probably already stock the rear-outer hinge pins. Those bend pretty easily.
Its the engine and pipe combo I will be using So it will run C6 BB with 2045 pipe and the 92mm mainfold

Originally Posted by air8
Not sure what others do for the shock boots, but I use party balloons (animal making balloons) that I cut to length. A bag of 100 is $8 and they last longer than the losi shock boots.

Hellsavage--if you do the captured steering link, remember that the front inner hinge pin cover becomes the next weakest link. I used the KH aluminum cover on my 8 and 8T. But if you don't do the captured link, then you will be totally safe. And remember to heatshrink the center CVD's
I will be getting the CVD condoms but they are soldout at Amain.
The captured rod end I will be doing when it becomes a problem. The buggy is a car with a lighter wheel base. So I will test it first.

Originally Posted by satoch
Hell savage: Party balloons don't work IMO. They bunch up and limit down travel. I use Thunder Tiger accordian boots. They work much better, are easy to get on/off for cleaning and don't rip.

Forget Losi inner steering rod ends-they break. Go with Kyosho P/N KYO1296

If you're getting a C6 get the RB 2045 pipe with the 92mm & 98mm headers. Yeah, they're stupid expensive but nothing else works as well on that motor.

Also, get the Dynamite long lasting aluminum shoes. Everything else wears out way too fast.

Heat shrink doesn't last on the cvd's. Get the CV Condoms- a must have.
I am running a Werks 4 carbons and it lasts forever. Just make sure U use locktite on the nut after it is set to the proper settings.
I look in to the Kyosho rod ends it might be the trick.

To all thanks fore the reply

mzl Hellsavage