R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX5T??????
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Jason Halvorson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
Most guys lose the stock steel brake discs and rubber pads. Just use the metal calipers on one of the aftermarket brake discs (I personally use the TTR option discs part # PD1861). Cradock, Racer's Edge, Avid and a few other make discs as well. Also ditch the stock 1.4mm white shock pistons and use the 1.5mm black shock pistons.

The rest of the truck is bullet-proof. ProLine now makes 17mm LPR truggy wheels to run the newer LPR tires. If you want to reduce unsprung weight, get some lightweight pillow balls. There are several out there: Dace, Mugen, Innovative Design, etc).

As for a motor, on the track the .21 works great and gets better run time. For bashing the .28's are a lot of fun but suck more fuel.

Best of luck,
well if you want to go into more detail...i also run after market brakes from AVID and run the 1.5 pistons, but i do not see this being needed, but yes it will help the truck preform better...i also run the dace lightened pillow balls and the proline LRP wheel and tire combo...infact if you really want to get in depth i do not run the Al chassis braces, but instead run the plastics cause i feel the Al ones make the chassis to stiff...oh i also have a tonyscrews kit...