R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Chemical X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I will look at it. I went with this location for optimal performance range with axle height. It was kind of a tradeoff. I tried a few different axle heights and found as i got lower the performance started to suffer. The drive created by the rear axle and its height around the CG has an effect on the handling of the car and i tried to run the axle where it would work best and at the same time, i needed to average the travel to accomodate all the size ride height adjusters. This seemed to be the sweet spot. I know its not ideal if you want to run super small tires. You can run them real small but the tires have a point at which they can get too small and effect the performance of the car. I wanted to stay away from that. I will see if i can get them a little lower without a big sacrifice.
Thanks Jason. Obviously I wouldn't want any negative impact to the performance of the car. Did you see a performance difference with the axle height between an asphalt car versus a carpet car?

For reference, I'm running GQ tires which do not use the large wheel like the Jaco Prisms or Parma Pro-38s. I still have quite a bit of tire left when they're between 1.6" and 1.7".