R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
wallstreet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

George running 1 degree rear hubs is what you want to do.

I would highly suggest trying juho 's setup from the indoor champs. He is running a slightly altered setup of Bob Stellflue's setup and he is one of the engineers of the TC5. Myself and a fellow racer got the setup from bob at the halloween classic we have run it at a few different tracks using different traction compounds and the setup has transfered very nicely from track to track. And in juho's setup your front end will be at right about 188mm and the rear right at about 190mm. Running the rear wider than the front should help the car out by giving it some steering. If you follow the setup exactly you should have a very well handling, easy to drive car.

Also to help the car out in high bite you will benifit from glueing the side wall of the tires both front and rear and it will also help to run smaller tires( i am not a big fan of running small tires and then throwing them in the trash ) so you can run some bigger tires but you must adjust droop as they have it set in the setup for 56.5 tires. But smaller tires will also help by freeing up the car some