R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which engine modifier??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
Your correct sir! Flow bench alone is not good ...... BUT with smoke added you know EXACTLY what angles to put your ports and you know when they need to shoot to the pipe and when to change to the edge of the glowplug as the exaust port closes . How many sleeves did it take to get the first one correct? Bottom end power is created from crankcase pressure , rpm from port timing/tuned pipe resonense so how are you creating this might I inquire ? When you carve up the crank and sleeve? You need to put something back ?? Or sacrifice bottom grunt. Or just clutch the hell out of it and get poor milage. And all that I saw is easily achieved on a 5 axis cnc. It can do anything your hands can. Now a 3 axis it requires multiple set-up changes not worth the effort.
a 5 axis will not cut inside the sleeve at a varying intake angle...If it could manufacturers would be doing it....all ports on every manufacturers motor are straight cut, not one motor employs anything like what I do.....

How much time and money did it take me to perfect what I do ?? one word ALOT !!!!!! I have thousands of hours, thousands of dollars and countless engines.............. But in the end i can create a motor that will run the pants off the stock counterpart, from idle to 40 000 RPM my motors make more power, tunes easier, idle better and have a smoother powerband....... I have the dyno graphs and reviews to back my bold claims.... Chances are you have never run a truly modded motor like I am showing so I can understand you not being able to relate............. I will tell you though there is a whole world of modded engines you likely didn't know existed. Basing what I know of engines and seeing the work that has been available on the market I can definitely see where a persons skepticism would come from......... For the most part people assume you can't cut the chrome on the sleeve without advers affects, ranging from losing bottom end to ruining he motor...../ But honestly if a modder knows what to do he will not lose power anywhere... in most cases motors gain power across the board.