R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - N-Control Austin -- Video
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 AM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default I know just the spot

You didn't see the vid in the last set from SA. I caught two trucks going over the fence one getting stuck Actually its pure luck to get that stuff. Unless you have cameras covering the whole place forget about it. Usually there is enough carnage so you get some juicy stuff anyways. There is a nice little spot right across the street from the track to get some food. And right next to the hobby shop is a cool little bakery with all kinds of goodies and sandwiches etc. I guess you could say thats my home track too. First hobby shop I walked into when I came back to Tx. The guys there are always having lots of fun. A good bunch to be around.

The vid last night was the edit from hell Everything went a little wrong. Should have rebooted my machine before encoding that big sucker for sure. It got so slow near the end I thought for sure it was locked up. Damn leaky .dll files from microsloth. They always screw up the memory allocation if you don't clear them out by rebooting from time to time. Wish I could edit on Unix. I have superior skills on that OS. I wouldn't have to do all this stuff manually. I could automate the whole thing including posting the links to the forums. I suppose I could do that on windoze too but it would be a big pain I'm sure. Then 20 - 30 minutes before it was finished encoding I went in the other room to catch the replay of the news to see if the weather is gonna be good to go for Sunday. Fell asleep Can't win for loosing. Oh well its finally up alls well. I am gonna quit predicting on these longer vids though. The 3-5 minute ones I can get a good read on but the longer ones are all over the place. Running out of time to get in the rest of the races from last week. Probably going to do a combo vid with the other 3 races all in one vid.

Today I'm going to play video games and play around with the particle generator. Too much editing makes Griz a dull boy

Griz