R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi truggy tires
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
revo_race
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
The new proline LPR rims/tires are going along with the current trend in truggy racing. They are using a lower profile sidewall tire to enhance cornering. Since there is less sidewall flex the tires allow the chassis to react quicker. Just remember that some people still prefer the Maxx sized tires on Maxx rims to absorb really rutted tracks.

I have only used the MTR tires stretched over the Losi rims. Works great for me. Now that PL and Losi have the same sized rim and tires, it's going to be easy to mix and match if a store doesn't have what you were looking for.

The GRP wheels/tires are a low profile also when compared to the Maxx/MTR tires. But I'm not sure how close they are to the PL/Losi rims and tires.Maybe someone will post how close the GRP tires are.
After comparing my stock Losi rims to the GRP tires in the LHS today, I'm pretty sure they are the same size. I'm going to buy them next week I think and will see how they do. I'm going with the Cubics, but the LHS also has the Grips in stock. I also think the GRP's would fit on the 40 series if you trimmed the inside bead off like some Revo drivers do with Panther tires designed for the stock Revo sized rims. (the GRP tires actually say Tmaxx on them...it's for a standard Revo/Tmaxx size rim which is actually 3.8" as far as I know, and the new LPR's are 3.7 but...I think it's close enough to work. That's only .05" smaller around the bead of the rim, probably not enough of a difference to make it not work would be my guess). I may end up ordering the LPR rims to use the GRP tires on instead of using the Losi rims, but for now it'll be cheaper if I just stick with the Losi's since I have them so that's what I'm going to do. The stock Losi tires are pretty much done for anyway. Once I get them (hopefully next week, possibly later this week) I'll post some pictures for you guys and let you know how it works out. I think the GRP tires are going to be the ticket for my local track, the Holeshots don't seem to have big enough lugs on the tires, and the bowties/crimefighters are almost too big. The GRP Cubics seem to be the best of both worlds.