R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OCM KAOS DOMINATING
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Brandon Powell
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

OCM 2007

Guys,

I just wanted to give a run down on my OCM Kaos for the '07 year. I actually started with a 2nd version car that eventually lead to the Kaos EVO. It had some things I would like to see different initially, but I knew we had a good piece to work with driving for previous companies. The base construction was solid.

One thing was the front end needed more steering. Upward and down travel I think was key here. Basically a longer shock, and better geometry on the shock tower fixed this. Also the early kits had some drivetrain issues that were fixed promptly, this really got my attention that OCM was wanting to make a statement in the US market. The plastic and aluminum was great from the start. Also the brakes, steering assy, and shock towers were solid as well.

The OCM kit is reliable and very competative going into next year. I feel the car had great tracktion from day 1. Tons of steering , plus the suspension is lots better with the EVo. I got more and more comfortable as a driver throughout the year, Now the latest cars are just easy to drive.

There are great things to come from OCM in 2008. The new OCM Truggy is now shipping out to dealers. Also a stronger team has formed from working together in '07.

Thanks

Brandon