R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8 OR ASSOCIATED 8 which is BEST?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
zardoz
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I understand that the RC8 is similar. Lots of steering, very responsive. Very light also. The questions still stand though... how does it do in the rythm sections? How does it do over BIG jumps? How about on a rutted, blown-out track? A loose, dusty track? For those of you who don't understand the difference, those are QUESTIONS. Not whining, not saying the car DOESN'T do well. An answer rather than a juvenile flaming session would be appreciated.
I have the RC8 personally. Like you, I left from an OFNA, namely the Hyper 7. I had a hard time with that car. It didn't matter what I did, it just wouldn't settle for nothing.

The RC8 on the other hand, essentially right out of the box, handles like it's on rails. Very similar in a lot of areas to my B4 (which is nice considering I'm more experienced with 1/10 electric ) It handles big jumps well, and flies well through the air, and seems to be very responsive to throttle. Rhythm sections seem to be no major issue as I've never had any issues with it getting really upset. When it has tried to get sideways, all I need to do is let off the throttle a touch and it settles right back down. There's not much in reality that will upset it except my bad driving