R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stupid but serious question
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thorin
I have read the link. Very good info. Thanks for that guys. I dont have tire glue with a wick. how much glue do you really need. I would have thought that a wick wouldn't have put much on there at all. I've heard so many different schools of thought, some saying you only need about 5 dots around the rim, others saying you need it all the way around?..

It's hard to get the right info, but that rc411 seems to have some great stuff on it. I'll read a little more a bit later on tonite.

Any suggestions on the amount of glue to be used?

Thanks again,
Jase
I glue mine all the way around. Theres a serious routine for gluing and prepping, its very important.
Practice makes perfect. I would recommend slow drying glue to begin with the thin fast drying may be to fast. And a hand full of rubber bands just smaller than the diameter of the tire to hold it in place. Its work.

Its an exseprience for sure and one I would recommend as far as exspeience is cocerned but heres what I do.
I buy premounts. Its worth it beleive me.

And there just as much in some cases. The Sportwerks are 20.00 a pair preglued.
I don't run the Sportwerks tire but they are cheap.
If your racing Proline M2 is a good compound. If bashing? Get the Sportwerks on roads or just the cheapest hardest compound you can find.