R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - anyone tried RPM 8115 ride height gauge?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
mugenlife
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by straightaway
Setup jigs do work. I have 1/8 on road and 1/10 on road and 1/8 buggy setups. Car will go much straighter when it is setup on a jig including off road buggy. I set up serveral people's buggies on my Hudy jig. All of them say the buggy go straighter and the wheels are not fighting each other. Plus the fact that you know your car will be straighter and hence more efficient will also help boost your confidence.

The reason I asked about the right height gauge is that I see Ryan Cavalieri and several nationally ranked drivers at Socal raceway using them. If it does not work, they will not be using them.

Anyway, I did some research, the RPM one maybe too low for the 1/8. I ordered a Team associated buggy ride height gauge (up to 49 mm).

Thanks for all your inputs.
lol on road has what to do with offroad? noone said they didnt work just said is it worth doing? i have yet to see hear or feel a car run laps per time better due to set up unless you are legally blind and or dont know what you are doing...."much straighter?" doubtful just my dead eye NO jigs or what have you i made my first buggy and electrics run straight down a line that is over 200 feet long down our driveway when i was 14 over 20 years ago before there were such items even avalible lol.odd thing about those set up stations if its not 100% flat it is worse than setting up via the eye because if its tilting 1/4 of a degree you just set up your whole car to that....calipers would get both right and left links dead on without needing a 100% flat surface.