R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 12:14 AM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
I am just running the stock trackrod (med/med)...it feels the smoothest of them all.

As for tires, I start my club racing tired at about 58.25. I usually try to get one practice run in with them to scrub them in and that gets me right around 58. Just be aware the car will be a lil too twitchy and feel tippy with the 58's. The car is perfect by the end of the race day when they are around the 56.5-57mm mark.
Very, very true...After running on foams for the past couple of months I've figured out the car REALLY comes alive on foams that are in this range. Tonight was a prime example. Started the night out with 57mm, won the first two quals-car felt awesome. Third qual went to 58.5's, car was tippy as hell, couldn't drive hard, didn't improve my times. For the main though, trued those tires back to 57mm and the car was back in bidness. Schuie's 1st & 2nd from jump, fastest cars on the track...laps 11(myself) & 13(skypilot)- don't ask, bad luck All-n-all though a very productive and telling night
Next week

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
@ JB - I have found that with 10.5 the setup might feel a bit pushy. I ended up putting some initial brake in my speedo and a touch in my radio to help the car from rolling too much through the corners. I have been running 5* tamale blocks the past few weeks, but I still like the extra initial steering you get with the 6*. If your car is feeling pushy entry, try getting more caster, if it is pushing mid/apex/exit - you might want to try the extra caster and go up on springs to compensate for the car being more aggressive and diving faster.....
Thanks for your set-up tips, I'll have to try yours one of these days. I'm REALLY digging the Tamale 5-degree hubs. I put them on a couple of racedays ago along with a roll center and track rod change and the car is just alot more consistent. I'm SOOO loving the car- easy to drive, smooth, tons of steering, and fast. Go SCHUIE!!!

Last edited by JayBee; 11-24-2007 at 11:19 AM.