R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi 367 trouble
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
You might want to check your data. The turbo button for the 367 is from the 359 RACE. The part number is 28022 and is available. You can't but a Turbo 367, but you just order this head button and install it. As for the glowplugs, I wouldn't run the 7T plugs right now. You may be leaning it out to much with a & to get good power. I would run 6TC hot and re-adjust the mixture. As for the Boca Bearing, they don't have the bearing. If you look it up, it shows some bearings in the 367 size, but if you call them, they won't sell you those as engine bearings for nitro motors, unless something has changed in the last week since I have been there showing them the bearing. Also, the shimming should be fine, and if you add shims to a 2+ gallon engine, your making any issue you have worse. If any thing, remove the 0.10mm shim and add a 0.05mm shim, not add more shimming. You'll be dropping compression ,making flame out worse. I have run my 367 and had not issues at all.

If want try a setup, try this. Install the exhaust reducer in-between your engine and header, install the 7.5 carb restrictor, and intsall a 6TC glowplug, then retune. This set up is with the 9901 pipe.
listen dub , i know alot about these wonderful nitro engines we run and you should read my post again , i said nothing about adding shims to an already 2 gallon engine , i said remove them when they get 2 1/2 -3 gal on them
as far as Boca steel bearings they are a great bearing and i trust the bearing you say is "not for rc engines" more than i trust tko 14.5x26 ceramic , its just that size cause i have had great luck with every other tko bearingand by the way , most all plus series engines have the same 14.5 x 26mm rear main bearing !!! i'm not on here to impress ,just to help , if you want it take it , if you dont thats cool too i have experimented and ruined more engines than most of you will own in your lifetime of rc and figured out alot of tricks to make nova engines run the way i want and my locals want them to run ; pipes , headers , clutches , bearings , carbs , fuels , plugs , head shimming , aftermarket heads vs. stock heads you name it anyway , have fun and happy motoring
later ,
monty

as for the head button , call jim hottinger about that , he has the button nov28011 !!!

Last edited by houston; 12-02-2007 at 08:19 PM.