R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pit Box - What is everybody using?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Haha!

For some reason I KNEW that your "solution" would be right inline with what I am looking for. I agree that those bags are nice but I can spend $200 on a bunch more worthwhile things (like big bore shocks).

Home Depot/Lowes have 2 rolling boxes. One is $30 and pretty cheap. The other is $80 and has 3 levels that roll out into its own stand (Stanley Fatmax 4 in1).

I prefer the $80 one but to be honest - I don't think it provides $50 worth of functionality over the $30 one. Realistically neither is ideal in itself.

I may take a run to Harbor Freight tomorrow and see if they have anything.
Plan another $20-25 for the divided trays to keep everything in. A bigger box would be nice, but they're too tall for our purposes... we like to load the truck with the tonneau still on so nobody can see what's in there.

On the Austin trip we had 2 toolboxes, 2 tables, several chairs, 2 tents, 2 sleeping bags, another big "rubbermaid" box, big fan, electrical "reel" cord, 2 cars, 4 gallons of fuel, 2 ice chests, 2 air mattresses (the big ones, take up about as much room as a tent when deflated) 2 "gym bags" of tires, and various other stuff... all in the back of a short, narrow-bed pickup with the tarp on it. (We pack military style!) Our toolboxes were chosen to be easy to handle and to fit under that tarp. If you don't care about the tarp a bigger one would serve you better.