R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Silverstate-RC ****Las Vegas****
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM
SKOT
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeyLTD
Right now my best receiver pack is a 1500, will that last me 45 minutes.
My dad doesnt think it will so all day today he has been practicing changing reciever packs in my 8ight for during the race. His fastest time was 45 seconds witch is really quick but that is basically a whole lap. Does anybody know if this pack will make 45 minutes or should i stick to my dads plan with coming in at 30 min to change pack or does anybody know of a pack that will for sure make 45 minutes that will fit in the batter box for the 8ight?

Thanks
Mikey Bustamante
Mikey, last year at Nevada State I ran the 45 minute A-main on a Venom 1,200 mAh pack so I think you'll be just fine. I would peak it out on .5 amps. The slower rate will give it a better quality charge. You can also put a fan on it during charging to keep it cool if you need to (probably a good idea). You should have plenty of time between the second qual and the main to peak it out.

One thing I just thought of though is that I was running one digital servo (steering) and one analog in that race. If you are running two digital servos they'll suck up the juice a little faster. Good luck.