Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #27434
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post
I just wish Jaco still made dbl pinks and pinks in thier original rims. I found out that the prisms are the only way to get them now. I just don't like them since it leaves them to be kinda a one to two weekend tire run on asphalt. It leaves me with one less option on on tire company to buy. I liked the Jaco tires. I have had better luck with them, but now
The lower profile tires are faster...racers want to go faster at all costs no matter what they say. This is why touring cars went from fun parking lot racers to super technical critical racing machines. This is why 1/10th pan went from the most popular class in R/C to extinction.

When I started racing we had 3 foam tires...Blue, Green and Yellow. We raced 1200SCR Red Sanyos cell that would last 2 years or more and still be fast.

Now everything is faster, gets used up faster, worn out faster and is more expensive...but that what we racers wanted.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote