R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I tell him he can race today, but his car is not legal for any of our classes. If he would like to race again in the future, here are our rules.
Anyone who shows up out of the blue without knowing what the class rules are has no excuse—especially with a converted car that isn't legal ANYWHERE.

No, you tell him that the class rules are what they are. If he wants to continue to race in that class, he needs to follow the rules and replace the worn original engine with a new cheap P/S or a complete engine. Simple.

No, you explain that there is a class for them but the rules are meant to keep costs down and keep the class open and inviting for new racers. If they'd like to "race" in an organized format, they need to follow the class rules and structure. Simple. Otherwise, open practice days are for everyone.

Yes, it IS promoting racing. Just not free-for-all rules that try to fit everyone into a class somewhere. That's not any different than ANY form of organized racing anywhere, full or scale.

Build it and they will come. Don't wait for everyone to show up to see what they have, then make a class around them.

Apex,

Now that is what I am talking about. You could not have made your point any better or clearer. I can live with this.