R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Picking Sons First Buggy kit
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Jason Halvorson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh35
My son read the mazigenes and he likes the RC8 but I think it is to new.
I like the CEN because of price but there is no parts here for them, same for the sportwerks. It will be between the WP777, Mugen, And the RC8. Tell me what you think.
well at this point the 777 and the MBX5 will be undergoing some changes with new models expected out sometime next season, and the RC8 is very new, but seems to be a very good buggy...if it were me making this investment i would go with the Mugen, but that might be a bit of a bias call being thats what i run...however the mugen is bullet proof and very stable to drive, but with a good setup any of those buggies can be very fast in the hands of a skillful driver, but when it comes to a beginner the mugen IMHO would be the strongest with a good stable driving platform to build from...now for the RC8 this is the buggy at the moment taking the rc world by storm...now i would like to suggest another buggy a lil the Hyper 8.5, its a very nice buggy with tons of handling and stablilty at a very good price, just a lil over $400 IMHO its the best bang for the buck buggy on the market...if i were to make a change from mugen that would be the buggy i would be running...