R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SHAUN GRIDER
hey guys just wondering if anyone has the same issue as i do

for some reason my chassis tip up and down when on the pit board front to rear of the car i have loosened all the screws and held it flat and tighten everything back up and it still the same

just wondering if it might be the top deck or what anyone else having this issue

thanks
Here's what a team driver showed me:
1. Find the flattest surface you can get. Our track has a machinist's stone, but a thick piece of glass, good setup board will do.

2. Loosen the bulkheads top and bottom. Also loosen the shock towers from the mounts.

3. Let the car settle, you can even twist it to make sure it comes back to flat. Tighten the bulkheads bottom screws first. Just snug them, and then go a bit more, don't gorilla wrist them in.

4. Have someone push down on both bulkheads, and tighten one screw on the front bulkhead, then do the opposite diagonally on the rear bulkhead. Go back and forth from front to rear while your friend holds the car down.

5. Once the top plate is done, tighten the shock towers back down. Check the car by tapping on the lower chassis at different points. Is is clicking like it is not flat? If the car clicks at the extreme rear end behind the diff, a very small amount is normal. You may be able to help this somewhat by loosening the rear bulkhead screws on the bottom of the chassis and tightening them again. If the car is clicking in any other place, or the rear moves a lot, you may need to repeat these steps, or you have something broken or bent on the car.

I have been told taking a bit of material off of the ends of the top deck so it is not touching the bulkhead can help as well. Not everybody may agree with this however.