R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - need help deciding on a engine
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Brandon Melton
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
i have heard yes, but i doent think there is to much of a difference...however you will get more power out of a turbo engine...
I dont know if it's "much" but a turbo will get better mileage. Not double but I'd say a good 30 sec - 1min per tank.

Currently I have been running a 5 port Go-Tech, long story. At first I was skeptical because of price and all I heard was carb problems. Since then the carb has been resolved and mine runs fine and does get good mileage.

Do I think it's the greatest thing since DSM, who knows. I personally have never seen a Vspec that was a lightswitch. I have driven a couple other people cars and really liked the way they felt, and even borrowed one for a weekend and to my tune I thought it was great, but the price tag compared to the Go Tech is what made my decision, it was $$ not performance.

A local racer and good friend of mine is a Go Tech driver, and if it hadn't been for me personally pitting him and seeing it run good first hand, I may have never got one.

For a second opinion, I also own an RB S5 which I think is a good motor for the $229 you pay compared to the big $$ motors. I just cant bring myself to shell out that kinda cash when 90% of it is your setup, clutches, tires and driver. The motor doesn't win the race in most cases, just makes it easier.