R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Mr. McGoo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
No matter what lube or how much clean my rear diff I can't get that super smooth feeling unless the diff is set to point where it allowewd to slip a little running all the stock parts from the first patch
I do almost what Adrian posted but a little different. I too clean everything out at least twice - and just make sure you keep your hands clean. Any fibers or dirt will make your diff crap out.

I little trick I have found to work is use the cap of the motor spray. I then spray some motor spray in there and then put the fiff balls in there. I let them sit as I am cleaning everything else. I then just pour them out on a clean paper towel and then spray them again.

I actually like lubing up the diff pulley instead of dipping the diff balls as Adrian does. I just use an exacto or a small flathead screw driver and just place some schumacher diff lube in the holes of the pulley. I then just place the diff balls in the holes.

As Adrian stated, make sure you use 600 grit sandpaper and sand those things down till they are nice and butter smooth and even.

I have had great success with building my diffs this way.....