R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cheapest website
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 AM
teeforb
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeremyS
alot of people don't realize what a hobby shop does for the racing scene (around here anyway) My local shops compete with the internet everyday. I can get just as good of a deal if not somtimes alittle better than on the internet. plus i get the parts i need that day and not 3 days down the road when i have been wanting to practice but can't. the shops put alot into the club racing as well. this last season one of the local shops come to the track with food for everyone almost every race. we grew from having literaly 5-10 people at our first two races to over 60 people for our last 5 or 6 club races. that was huge!!! and the hobby shop benefited from that as well!!!

alls im saying is try to support the places that support the local racing scene. and i understand some shops want nothing to do with racing or anything like that. Which is unfortunate, because they get results like posted above. less business.
Thats the Problem. The local shops AROUND me don't support the racing scene. The hobby store that does support the racing scene is TOO far away from me. The track and hobby store is far apart. It's not like the hobby store is at the track. But please note I am not complaining about the hobby store not being at the track, I am just making a point.