R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cheapest website
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Drew Manzella
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have been doing this for 20 years now. Over the years I have always STARTED by supporting my local shops but in some cases they have lost my loyalty because they often times don't give a shit. I'd say that half of the shops I have frequented over the years weren't interested in anything other than pushing the stuff they were into. Others also sometimes have an elitist "I know more than you because I sell the stuff" attitude.

I don't like that and I don't care if they are right next door to my house. If they act that way I will buy online.

I n general I believe in supporting my local guys because they end up being friends but I absolutely don't subscribe to the blanket "Always support the locals" mentality that some have blindly interjected here. Not all locals deserve our business.

In any event my money currently goes to the local shop for the stuff he stocks but the stuff he doesn't I get from Carolinas. My local guy doesn't sell Kyosho stuff and I am not interested in switching to a Losi just so I can buy parts from him. He knows I get the stuff from Carolinas (Which is overnight for me anyway) and also - bear in mind that Carolinas is a big web retailer but they are also a LHS who is HUGE in its support of local racers.

When was the last time any of you raced at Tower Hobbies track?