View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 01:25 AM
highwayman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Retro

Originally posted by THEBIGBULL
DX6

Retro,old school, and old style , I'm sure are all the old style associated front suspension. Like the origial 12LW and 1/10 associated pancars. If you look closely at the different pictures on CRC or Speed Merchant web site you can see the difference. I swithched from an L3 last winter to a carpet knife. I wanted to try something different (SICK OF TAPING BATTERIES), and I bought The Boody Knife(THe RED EYE CANDY I HAD TO HAVE). Get the XTRA shock and tweek springs right away. What I really liked was being able to see and feel the difference in handling when you make changes in the spring selection. Now that I have the"BK" I wanted to try the REV3. I can fax you the set up sheet for the Rev3. and also a picture of the old school front end (from an old associated manual. I don't have the technology to E mail it. But if you Give me the area code and a fax # Ican send it to you. I am going to Shoogoo the servo in, for a start. Get the small Kimbrough servo saver. The one that was posted on the forum looks like the rite one. I have been racing 1/12 for years and have never stripped any servo gears (But have broken many servo savers.) The single REV3 sheet I have tells you how to align the servo properly.

Terry
what differences occur as you change the side springs and the VCS shock springs? thanks...