R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Sometimes “simple” is stupid.

Would it be fair for you to race a Monte Carlo off the showroom floor against a Hendrix Motorsports Monte Carlo?

Racing “Box Stock” RTR Inferno GT cars against others equipped with Collari modified engines?

Now that's stupid.

That's the dumbest thing I have heard yet in this thread.

You want an entry-level class to entice new racers to on-road racing, and yet you are already planning for modified Collari engines in the class? Dumb. Nice analogy, too. If showroom cars were the limits, then there shouldn't be anything else in the picture, right?

Limit the class, restrict the rules to a minimum "spec" and be done with it. The more you complicate the rules and the formula, the less inviting it is the any new racer. All you'll have are guys running second classes and no one new populating the class.

And to this point, I don't think there have been many—if any—"haters" or detractors to the actually class formula of "GT." My original point was, and I will stand by it, that if you are adding another class just to fill a void left by Outlaw or to try to bring new racers to the fold, there might be better ways to do it than with a buggy class.

That's all, nothing else. Don't get your panties in a bunch.