R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Larry Brown
Tech Adept

I could use some info on what to run with my new Carpet Knife, Motor ( brushed or brushless) or maybe people dont run brushless in stock class ( I dont know) ESC, Tires, ride height, Servo and any other general 1/12 knowledge would be great.
Well, that's a rather broad question. For setup recommendations, go to www.teamcrc.com. There are various setups posted for the GenX that will give you a very good place to start regarding tires, ride height, springs, dampening, tires, gearing, etc. Any of the quality mini servos will work well, JR 3550 or 3650, Futaba 9602 and others. Check with your local track to see if they allow brushless motors in the stock class. If so, get the most popular motor/ESC setup run by the local racers. If not, the Novak GTX has been a very good ESC for brushed motors, as well as others such as Tekin, LRP, etc. The Trinity CO 27 is a good brushed stock motor, but again I would check with the local racers to see what is popular in your area. It is much easier to enjoy this hobby if others at your local track are running the same products so you can learn from their experience.

Good luck!