R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Twin mp777 speed results
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
MiamizFinest
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris52
ok these 25t clutchbells are for 2 speed only??? i cannot fit a 2 speed bell on the mp777 as the first cog would hit the servo's on one side and the fuel tank on the other. so can the extra 1st gear cog be cut off and would a bearing still fit in. or can you get a single gear threaded clutchbell???

cheers chris
those 25 pinion gears could be for single speed or 2speed but the threaded bell is the lentth of a 2speed bell with like u sayed it might not fit ur car BUT u can always put the pinion gear on the bell screw it all the way to the base and then just cut off the rest of the thread with a dremel and then it will be the length of a standered bell

i found these old pics from my turmoil this was one of my custom builts u can see in the pic i removed the center diff and installed a str8 shaft with a bracket so i could use revo spur gears the nice detail about useing the threaded bell and pinion gear is the fact u ban put the pinion gear anywhere on the clutch bell for custom resualts here are some pics

as u can see int he pic i didnt thread the pinion all the way to the base becuase it would nto mesh with my modd i added a shim to the rear and in doing so i pushed the pinion gear a little foward for custom resualts this is why i run this bell on all my cars ill try to post a better pic for u later since im REALLY LIKEING THIS PROJECT OF URS and i wanna see u get some serouse speed