R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Wow, that's light. My car weighs in at 1450 grams with the parts mentioned above. With the LW bulkheads I think you lose something around 30 grams. If you switched the suspension mount screws to titanium, and all the other screws on the car to aluminum you would drop around 20-30 grams I'd think. Switch to Mi2 arms to shave a few grams. Aluminum turnbuckles. Low profile servo. You'd still be overweight, but I bet you could get the car under 1380-1390 with those changes.
That's where Schumacher R&D will have to come up with new lighter parts to lighten things up a bit...unless EFRA allows Lipo or turns to 4 cell...but at 5 cell 1350 weight, how much money racers will have to invest to get their cars within the 1375g range?

TI turnbuckles & screws- $80
LW bulkheads- $75
TI Hinge pins- $25-30?
------------------------
thats close to $180 on top of the kit to get it down to where others will be trying to get them down to...

I think that maybe Schumacher should seriusly consider selling a new kit which includes most of these upgrades already, along with composite diff and front delrin spool, at least for those running 19t and stock...yes, the kit will go up in price, but I'd rather pay the $450-475 and have all the LW components than have to dish more money out myself...for example it has worked out very well for the HB Cyclone kits, like the HB Cyclone WCE edition
which for around $470 includes all alum rear diff, front spool, one-way, Titanium turnbuckles, ti-nitride inner and outer hingepins, Ti-nitride shock shafts, etc, which makes the car very tough but very light...all in one package...