R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haagar
Can anyone recommend some starter settings for a 9602 with a 3PK?

Right now I am at -5% exp and 80 for turn in/90 for return on steering speed.

I'm thinking I may still be a little fast because the steering on everyone else's car I drive feels pretty dead to me.

It really depends on the track and the way you drive. I always start with about -10% expo on the radio. From here i run some laps and see how it feels to drive. Once i get use to it i check my lap times. Following this i will start to drop the servo speed from the radio and keep checking lap times. I do this in 5% incrementsand fine tune in 1% increments. Keep checking your laptimes and see which setting yields the fastest laps on average. I run each setting for about 3-4 minutes to get a good comparison. Keep in mind that with a fast servo,the wheels can turn faster than the car can set and cause the car to handle irratic by creating an instant slip of the front tires. You want to get the steering speed adjusted to the way you drive. Some people like to crank the wheel fast going into corners which will make the front wheels slip before they can grab. Setting your radio correctly will help the car run more efficiently and yield a faster run.