R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 4PK
Thread: Futaba 4PK
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM
rabidsquirrel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Redfox,

I agree. I just have the plain 'ole 3PM, but the 4PK is going to have to hit somewhere around $325~350 for me to purchase it.

Radios should evolve like Personal Computers. Performance and Features go up, while the prices come down...

That's how I see it.

I'm a Futaba man, but there are features that I'd really like to see on this to give it a longer product lifespan, such as software 'modularity' (If there's such a word). Nomadio has pushed the industry much closer to a 'software' driven radio, as opposed to a hardware driven design. Military and some civilian radios are pretty much software driven designs. Nomadio has been building military radios for a while, and so they had some expertise in this area when they persued development of a Hobby radio system. They are showing a lot of promise.

Some of the Telemetry features will probably be 'must have' items on future systems. I'm kinda surprised that they aren't already, to tell the truth.

Almost every other type of racing has some proven telemetry systems out for consumption. RC should've been ripe for this years ago, given that you're allowed to have Rx/Tx to and from the vehicle due to the nature of the sport...

It'll happen. I'm just impatient...