R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX3R
Thread: Spektrum DX3R
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
sportssedanman
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I want to try the telemetry for several things:
  • Temperature monitoring (for electric and nitro). Interesting what you said about accuracy. Not much good if it is not accurate.
  • RPM or speed. This gives me a way to compare different 540 silver can motors to see which gives the highest top speed.
  • Lap timer. This is the most important thing for me because when I practice there is no lap timing at my local track. Using the IR track side beacon would make it accurate and easy.

I read the DX3R manual and all the information I could find on the Spektrum website. I have found no mention of the following features that I would like to see on a $320 radio:
  • ABS
  • Traction control
  • Lap timer (I find it hard to believe this is not a feature on the DX3R)
  • Programmable vibrate alerts
  • Programmable sound alerts

Horizon Hobbies emailed me back and the SR3100 receiver (with DSM2) that comes with the DX3R is not compatible with the Spektrum telemetry systems (no port to plug the telemetry module into the receiver) and to use telemetry you have to get the earlier DSM receivers such as the SR300 or SR3001.

It does have some good features too: model match, big screen that is at the right angle to see it easily, separately adjustable exponential on left/right or throttle/brake directions, graphically displayed exponential and so on.