R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I want to see what your thoughts are on what i am looking into. I will be testing out the highest quality, most free spinning bearing that you can possibly buy. They are ceramic bearings that you need to run dry with no oil due to the drylube impregnation process they go through. The problem i am facing is the price. They are EXTREMELY expensive but they are the most free spinning bearings money can buy. The areas where they will be used is in the rear axle ride height adjusters(2 bearings) and the front wheels(4 bearings). I have not recieved an accurate quote but i was told they will sell in the range of 22-23 dollars each. Is there a market for this or should i just let it go? I am all about performance but i want to see where you guys draw the line. The drylube will outlast the bearings from what i have been told by the manufacturer and they are to be cleaned with an airhose. They run bone dry so no dirt and grime gets imbedded. Please let me know your thought so that i know if this is something you would be interested in