R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX5R
Thread: Mugen MBX5R
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
o.s. power
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derricklong38
Hey guys, i had a huge problem yesterday racing. I couldnt get any forward bite at all.

We had been running in a really dry slick track, and this week it was a good hard pack wet dirt (not mud)

Front shocks 350
Rear Shocks 500 (really seemed to help)(started at 450)
Stock pistons
Gray Springs

5-7-3 front to rear

I also switched from 2 carbon and 1 alum shoes to 3 alum shoes with 1.0 springs.

Nova .21 3 port with JP3

Panther K2's Super Softs stock foam

i ahve eck tek shock towers on it, got it sitting like stock

the CVD's are right under being level

stock toe on the rear 3.25? i think
and a eck tek -1 front hingepin plate (antidive??)
you need to change your pistons in all the shocks to 1.5mm, drill out the stock pistons and run mugen 350 wt all around.

Switch to the 3 degree rear toe block, and make sure you have 0 degrees of anti squat.

Keep the springs the same, make sure the bottom shock mounts are on the outside hole on the arms and the top of the shocks are 1 hole out from the middle on the towers.

put your rear camber links on the lowest, inside hole on the rear tower and the highest, outside hole on the hub carriers. Hubs all the way back (spacers in front).

Caster in the middle, 1 degree of toe out on the front with -2 degrees of camber all around.

oh, get yourself a set of m2 and m3 crimefighters. I'm not bashing panther, but their tires seem to struggle to work as well as proline.