R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Buggy
Thread: New Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
rabidsquirrel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey PL-UNC86,

If you liked the Losi's handling, but went back to the Jammin' due to durability issues, you should really give the Hyper 8.5 a go. I have a feeling that you'll love it. It is more of a finesse rig, like the Losi, but a lot more forgiving than the Losi - I.e. it likes to be pushed/driven hard! It is a beast when you upgrade the shocks to the Jammin' BBs. I'm just before ordering the 16mm Jammin' BBs - I have been running the 13mm Jammin' FTE BBs on the Hyper for some time now and I love them.

Here's the kicker - Hyper 8.5's are super durable - like the Jammin that you are used to. Parts are even cheaper than the Jammin' parts on Ebay, if you can believe that! If you are patient and watch/snipe auctions over a 3 week period, you can practically replace all the parts on the chassis for less than $150! I'm talking everything, because there are a bunch of sellers on Ebay that part out the kits every week... Pennies on the dollar if you are patient or use auction 'sniping software.

It really is the best of all worlds, give it a shot. Sell your Losi roller and pick up a 8.5 Pro Kit (~$400 from www.nitrohouse.com, ask for Rob - tell him 'rabidsquirrel' sent ya). You still can't go wrong running the Jammin', IMO, but the Hyper 8.5 is faster than the Jammin' (Current design iteration of it, that is) IMHO.

Good luck with whatever you choose to run - that goes for everyone!