R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which one ????
Thread: Which one ????
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
rabidsquirrel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would agree, overall, with DOMIT's statements.

The Jammin' is about as driver friendly as it gets. Once you get a baseline setup on it, it seems to work really well at any track without adjustment. And if you make some minor adjustments for the track you are it, it rails - especially in the rough.

However, I feel that there is a buggy that is a better compromise between edgy platforms, and 'easy' platforms - it is the Hyper 8.5 (Not the older Hyper 8, which is 'edgy' itself)... Ahhhh, what a differences 4mm of chassis length makes!

The 8.5 is the way to go for most 'experienced' novices. It is definitely easier to drive than the Losi, but still favours a finesse driving style. It is just much more forgiving than the Losi, and it is better in the rough. Some people have put the new Jammin' Big Bore shocks on it (16mm) and are reporting that it jumps as well as the Losi with the Jammin' BBs. I run a Hyper 8.5 with the older Jammin' BBs (14mm) and Losi's have nothing on me. This is a great buggy, and parts are dirt cheap for it. You can get spares on Ebay for pennies on the dollar every week. You won't really need them though,. because the buggy is really durable as it is. Just get spare shock towers and you should be good to go.

There are some modifications that you'll want to do to the buggy to help prevent slop before it happens, but these are few and easy to do. There is information outlining what to do online at Nitrohouse.com.