R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mounting 1/8th scale tires
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:28 AM
macnkitty2002
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

first make sure that you get some denatured alcohol and wipe off the gluing surface of the wheel and the tire to get the non-stick residue from the mold off. this will ensure a stronger adhesion. next, i set up the tire/wheel/foam and wrap some thick rubber bands around the one side of the tire that i am gluing. i got the Team Losi tire gluing kit which comes with bands for both 1/8 and 1/10 tires and a bottle of glue. i prefer to use medium CA glue because it gives you some more time to fully seat the tire before it dries, unlike the thin CA which gives you milliseconds to do everything. i pick a common point on all of my wheels, usually where my vent holes are, so i know where to start on all of them. i pull back the tire bead, squeeze out some CA (it will spread well like mentioned above) and reseat the tire back on the wheel. i hold it firmly for 5 seconds and then move on to the next tire. i glue each tire at 90 degree increments and have found that this holds up fine with medium CA. i then get some thin CA glue and make a ring around the entire wheel/tire seam that ensures that no dirt works it way down into the bead.