R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Chemical X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I ran a few practice packs in my DB12R today with a 19T brushed motor on med-grip carpet. Once I geared the car correctly, my lap times were in the mid 9 second range with a few 9.1 and 9.2 laps. The fastest guy at the track can put down low 8's and some of the other fast guys are consistently in the mid-high 8's.

I ran the setup per the instructions with the exception of the caster blocks in which I used 5* instead of 10*. Because I'm new to 1/12th scale, it was recommended that I didn't start with 10* as the car will most likely be way too twitchy. For tires, I used Jaco Prisms in Yellow-R and Purple-F. The car had a lot of on-power push and was very "jerky" through the corners when on mid-throttle. When turning on power, I could also see the front inside tire lifting at times and would then get an occaisional traction roll. I changed to a Lilac-F tire set and also changed the damper tube oil from 5k weight to 10k. The car felt a little easier to drive but didn't drop the lap times any.

Unfortunately I had to pack it up after that last change and didn't have more time for testing. What do you guys suggest as my next steps?

Thanks in advance.