R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Kendall Welch
Tech Adept

You guys were talking about rough track setup earlier. I have found that 3k, 5k, 2k works best for me. The 5k in the center helped me stay on the gas coming out of the corners and the 3k in front would let me dive deeper in the turn off power. It also helped me to run the short-middle front camber link and 5A link in the rear to get it through the bumps better. Go to the 2 degree rear link if the bumps are sharp, the 3 will kick your car around.

I am running 30/55 front and 25/56 rear for shock oil. I also have been running the red front spring.

I have ran this setup for the last 2 races and it was easy to drive on rough tracks, the last race had tires, and roots and stuff sticking out of the ground and it was still easy to drive over all that stuff. I lapped the entire field twice in a 30 minute race and I can tell you that driving the rough track had nothing to do with it, this car is fast with this setup. We are going to a hard packed clay track this weekend and the only thing I plan on changing are is the 2 degree anti-squat block to 3 degrees and put 7k in the center instead of the 5k.

Hope this helps,

Kendall

Last edited by Kendall Welch; 10-02-2007 at 04:06 PM.