R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX NT RTR or Associated GT2 RTR???
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 AM
OTE_TheMissile
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So then drive around the rocks. Roll the big jumps.

Any track you can run a 1/8th Buggy or Truggy on, you can run Gas Truck. You just have to have some patience and self-control, and know what the truck can and can't do.

I go to nitro races and I see the bigblock classes hit these huge jumps, and they don't even bother to put any thought into it. They just stand on it and watch the car go shooting off in some random direction, come crashing down to earth, and just hope it lands on its wheels again and takes off. That's not racing, that's crashing. Repeatedly. And the way these things are built nowadays, they can take it. There isn't a whole lot of skill involved, just mash it and hope for the best. When I ran 1/8th Buggy I took my time and tried to keep the thing on all fours. I'd approach a jump I didn't feel comfortable taking full speed and landing properly, and at the same time get passed by someone who just went hell bent for election, cleared the whole thing, crash landed, bounced back up, and took off again about a mile ahead of me. I drove smart and still got beat. Gas Truck, you can't do that as much. You over-drive these things just a little bit, and you'll pay for it. Less throttle, more brains. That's what's fun about it