R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:03 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chemical X
I'm almost ready to go with my DB12R, however, I need some advice on tires for carpet tracks.

I'm new to 1/12th scale and will be running mostly 19T and some Stock depending on the track I race at. The tracks in my area all use Jack the Gripper and do not allow Paragon.

I've read some of the previous posts in this thread and checked out the Base Setup sheet and Paul Wynn's Setup sheet. For Stock, it appears that the Jaco Prism Lilac fronts and Yellow rears are the way to go. For 19T, it looks like Double-Pink both front and rear is the best option. Question: Does Jaco make a Prism Double-Pink rear? It's not listed on the DB12R parts list or the Jaco website. I also checked out some other sites and couldn't find it in the Prism style. Could the setup sheets be referencing a Pink rear instead of a Double-Pink rear? These setups also reference the use Paragon tire treatment. Would you guys recommend different tire shores for Jack the Gripper tracks?

Unfortunately I can't purchase multiple boxes of tires in every shore rating available (who can???). So I need advice in order to optimize my tire purchase. Keep in mind that I'm new to 1/12th scale. I've ran a couple of seasons of TC but all the 1/12 scale details are new to me.

Thanks in advance.
The tires that paul ran at minnreg were actually Parma magenta. Those are slightly softer than the 2x pink tires. We needed to calm down the front of his car a little when the bite came up. Origionally when i put his car on the track i had .078 flex plates on it. It created a twitchy feel with the magenta fronts so we went to the stock flex plates from the kit and it smoothed it out. I ran my car in 19 turn at minnreg in practice with 2x pink fronts and pink rears and it was really good.
Jaco has announced that they are going to now make a 2x pink rear. Jack stated that he was only going to do a pink but since the demand was high for 2x pink he said he will make them. Once i get the word from jack that they are ready for sale i will have them in stock. Right now,what i am finding works best for stock is lilac fronts and yellow rear. For modified 2x pink front and pink rears are my choice. Both compounds work great in 19 turn but i prefer the 2x pink and pink due to less tire wear and a little more steering.