R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 PM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Looking over the instructions again, it looks like maybe I did something wrong with the o-rings. They go inside the housing? Also, is there a trick to getting the pins to seat inside the one-way bearing when assembling the whole thing?

I don't suppose there's any hope of replacing the one-way bearings? They seem to be in there pretty well.
I think the one-way bearings are pressed in. I didn't try taking them out so ya got me there.

And as far as the o-rings, yes they go in the housing. That was one of the things Tags didn't put in when he first built his. He forget the o-ring and the one-way would fall apart in the car while running. That o-ring holds in the washer that holds the little axle piece that rides on the bearing. If you forget that o-ring, the whole assembly can float and eventually fall apart.

Basically, you put the small axle piece in, then the washer, then the outdrive bearing, and then the o-ring. The last part is bolting the outdrive to the small axle piece and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.