R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8 RTR or KYOSHO INFERNO SPORTS RTR
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 AM
rstnboy
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
If I were to get the Losi 8 RTR, would buying a used but in excellent condition RTR kit be advisable or worth spending? Or just get the whole thing new?
Buying used is always one of those iffy things and depends on the honesty and good will of the seller and what is meant by common advertising terminology. Phrases like "approximately one gallon through it" can mean so many different things...I know this from experience. I have done very well with most of my used purchases but I have been disappointed a few times as well.

Since your stated intention is to sell the radio gear, the new option might be best. The price differences I have seen between used and new RTRs hasn't been all that much. New Spektrum equipment seems to sell pretty well on the auction block so you can recoup some of your initial expenditure there.

As for the Hyper 8, it is a really good buggy as well. In my experience it isn't as responsive as the 8ight but it is extremely consistent and forgiving and it is built like a tank. Also, replacement parts are extremely easy to find and inexpensive should you ever need them. The Hyper 8.5 is out now and it has a number of hop-ups included already. Initial reviews are extremely positive. Robert Batlle just won the 2007 1/8th Off-Road European Championships with this buggy. Similar to Adam Drake, he is someone who could have probably won with just about anything. This merely illustrates that the Hyper 8.5 is a world-class contender.

As I stated in my first post, I am no expert but I do have some experience. These opinions are just that, opinions of a full grown man who spends his free time playing with toy cars