R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Essnowyt
Tech Master

Default HB/HPI parts

Hello everyone. I’m having problems getting the HB/HPI parts I want/need for racing. Can you help give me some ideas on what to do?

So currently I need to replace the drive cups on my Hara Cyclone, I asked for this part number yesterday. There are two types drive cups, 61397 for the V2 drives, and 70713 for the standard drives. As racers, we know this. However, when I went to order the 61397 part at my LHS none of the three distributors Horizon, Great Planes, and HRP had it listed. So I called HB/HPI today. I was told that I need my LHS to call the wholesale distributors and special order the parts. I know that Tower is the retail side to Great Planes, so I called them. Sure enough, the part is not in their list. I asked for that part to be special ordered, I hope to hear back from them next week. I also talked again to my LHS, and they are going to try the same.

So my question to everyone in the states is, What have you done to get the parts you need? Yes I know I could order from HK in one of the many online stores, But I don’t want to. Do I have to bang my head against the wall every time I want a semi obscure part? Or is this a regional problem for me as I am in Wisconsin? If it is a regional problem, pleas tell me of a US store that can help me out. I have faced this problem with many parts, WCE Shock towers, Hara Shock shafts, XL Red HB T-shirt, and now the V2 One-way drive cups.

Any help is appreciated.

Snowy.