R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
tfrahm
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoseTuned
Can anyone here give me a Hand. I just baught another car wich makes 4 for me in the past week.

I got the RTR LOSI XXX-S Sport II Brushless with the 10.5 Novak and the Novak 10.5 ESC. Ive been drifting with it since thats what ive been doing for along time now is Drifting with my other cars but Id really like to get this Car Ready to Race.

My Questions are below

#1. What bearings should I get
#2. Should I upgrade the Motor (Hows a 3.5 Brushless upgrade lol) I know tooooo fast.
#3. What kind of Lube and Oil should I use for the Bearings and Shocks.
#4. The Best Tires to Buy.
Regarding a starting point for setup, here is what I posted several posts above this -- works great for me for 13.5 and 10.5 power...:

Originally Posted by tfrahm
radarwill -- For the local parking lot racing, I tend to set my XXX-S up:

Front Shocks:
either Purple springs (less steering needed)
or Blue springs (more steering needed)
either #60 (tan) piston with 30wt oil
or #57 (black) piston with 40wt oil (only a subtle difference, but slightly more steering)

Rear Shocks:
either Silver springs (less rear traction, more steering)
or Red springs (more rear traction, less steering)
Always #56 (pink/red) piston with 30wt oil

Our local parking lot tracks don't have enough traction to allow Blue rear springs...
About power -- I've found that the 13.5 or 10.5 are plenty of power for most parking lot style racing... Locally, when running brushed Modified motors on a pretty good parking lot, the wildest I ever ran was a 12 turn brushed motor -- untreated parking lots (no sugar water or VHT) just limit how much power you can use.

As to tires, locally CS27's are the general rule, with some guys running RP30's (but with shorter tire life) or Sorex 32R's... I know some get fancy with insert/tire combinations, but 90% of the local racers just run premounted CS27's or RP30's. The convenience is more than worth it...